Thursday, May 5, 2011

First post

I'm just going to kick things going now.
This blog is going to be about my exchange year in Taiwan 2011-2012.

I'm Laura, seventeen (almost eighteen) year old girl from Finland. I'm at my first year in high school at Math and Science class. I applied to Rotary Youth Exchange program and luckily for me got accepted. I would have loved to go to South Korea but they don't send students from Finland there. My first choice on the list was Japan but now I'm extremely happy that I'm going to Taiwan. I suppose I'm going to Taipei Taiwans capital and my host club is Sanhsia Rotary Club at district 3490. In Finland my home club is Nastola Rotary Club at district 1390.

I don't know too much about my school and stuff yet and I'm patiently waiting for my guarantee form back from Taiwan. I've been in contact with my first host family through e-mail but I don't know exactly where they live. I'm going to get host sisters yay! I've also already made many new friends at Facebook and not only with Taiwanese people but also with other students going to Taiwan through Rotary. My own family is also going to be a host family at august when there's a Taiwanese girl coming to Finland as a exchange student.

I'll have a meeting with other finnish students on 14th of May and I'm probably going to write about that later.

But until then Cya!

1 comment:

  1. Aaa! Kiva, et tää on englanniksi etenkin ku osaat kirjoittaa sitä noi hyvin :). Luen luen luen! Ja, meidän pitää treffailla. 20.5 olis se jonkinlainen leffailta meillä, ilmottelen lisää myöhemmin ♥

    ReplyDelete