Wednesday, November 30, 2011

明德高中aka Mingder aka The school of marshmallows

Do you want to look like a giant marshmallow? Then this is your must choose high school!

Okaay so I haven't really introduced my dear school to you, have I ? Yeah that's what I thought. So here. This post is dedicated to the school of marshmallows.

Let's start with the official name. 新北市立明德高級中學. But we call it just mingder because it's so much easier and more convenient than thiiis...


In our school we have junior high school and senior high school and also a kindergarten. In our senior high school side we have three buildings and gym. And basketball court and running track. The school building is nowhere near finnish school buildings. We don't walk in from the doors and that, we just walk in and up the stairs and then we go in to classroom. So we are like "outside" all the time.




This is the library building. Our chinese classroom is here. And we spent most of our days in there doing nothing...


This cat lived at our school earlier but now I haven't seen it for a while :(

The school uniform! Prettyyy neh? The knee high socks are must and black or white shoes. No make up or hair accessories. No jewellery. No rolling up..pants? (umm I don't know english word for "lahje" haha) We have a scary military teacher who sometimes checks that we are following the rules. Our sport uniform has purple pants and grey shirt. The winter shirt is purple and when wearing it everybody looks like they're wearing pyjamas :DD Oh and I gave our school that marshmallow name because we have white puffy coats and we look exactly like marshmallows with them on! We also have school bags that keep annoying squeak sound and it has our schools name on it.

School lunch. It's free for us exchange student but others have to pay for it. Everyday rice, green vegetable thing and maybe tofu and chicken or fish. Often deep fried. And also a fruit everyday! And soup!

This is how I go to school and back home. Schoolbus! haha. On friday that whole road is full of busses. It's crazy. But we need alotof busses because there's so many students haha. And during the week some of them live in the dormitory or something.

I'm going to write a schedule of my normal school day.

5:45 Wake up! have to catch a school bus at 6:20!
7:00 Breakfast at school. Mama always packs it for me.
7:30 It's time for self study in our own classrooms. This is also the time that school actually starts. Usually I don't have anything special to do.
8:00 Starts the first class. If I don't have a class I go back to library to sleep.
8:00-11:50 There's four classes in the morning. We often have our chinese class at some point and we might have some other classes too. Or we just do homework or watch movies or sleep.
11:50 Lunch! Yay! We go to our classrooms to eat. ( the other students have 12:20 the cleaning time, when they clean up the whole classroom. And 12:40 is NAP TIME! everybody sleeps for half hour haha!)
13:10-17:00 The afternoon classes. Blah we do the same things as we do in the morning haha. Usually homeworks so that we wouldn't have to do them at home.
17:00 School ends yaay goo hooome! My school bus takes very long time and I'm home usually at 18:10 That doesn't leave much time to do anything in the evening bhah.

The classes that I go with my classmates are english, art, music, sports and some weird class where we learn sewing at the moment haha. Sometimes I go to other classes like I've been to a math class and physics. And oh yeah I have korean class every monday morning! And every second friday we have club time which means that everyone has a club they've joined and they do stuff they want. I'm currently in the movie watching club but we are allowed to change if we want. The other clubs we have are dancing, skateboarding, calligraphy, different kinds of music clubs, kendo, cheerleading and other stuff. I don't even know them all.

In our school there's also a convenience store! They sell noodles, bread, snacks, candy and lot's of different drinks. I always buy chocolate milk and fake oreos.

All these papers(it's very old photo there's a lot more by now haha!) is all the chinese we have learnt. In three months. We usually nowadays get something like 15-20 pages of homework. Earlier it was possible to get 40 pages. Crazy?

We also do this "copying" thing. We take a book that has bopomofo(those tiny symbols next to character, they tell us how to pronounce the word) and write it dow to our notebook. I've written already three children's books and now I'm writing Totoro! ♥ It's boring but it helps me to remember the characters. It's funny how I know the characters and pronounciations but I have no idea what it means haha.

And these lovely papers are my score lists! Haha. A+ A+ A+ A+ :P

Now do you know enough about my school? If not, aaaask! :)

ps. jooo kivoja netti ongelmia taas sunnuntaista lahtien blaaah. se suomenkielinen postaus saa odottaa nakojaa sit viela hetken. ja joo mulla on valmiina kaks muutakin postausta jo haha :P ylikuormitan teitat.

2 comments:

  1. Jumankauta mitä koulupäiviä! Ja läksyjä! Ja tietenkin saat vaan A plussia :D Woooow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting , where you usually get this pile of stuff ?

    ReplyDelete