Monday, November 7, 2011

雲林縣, 新竹, 生日快樂明德 & 鶯歌老街

Haai! Sorry it's been a while. There's been a time problem haha. And wi-fi problem too.

So let's start from while baack. Someday 3 weeks ago we were invited to teach english at junior high school in Taoyuan. We had to introduce our selves and our countries for six classes. It was fun haha. Even if my english skills are not so impressive at things like that.


One of the classes we teached.

On that weeks saturday I went shopping with few classmates. They were looking for shoes and I can say that we went through every single shoeshop that sells Nike at Ximending haha. 

On sunday my host family decided to go to Taichung and Yunlin.

This is where we stopped to eat cheesecake haha.


We went to a towel factory. And got to make our own towel dogs!


We also visited a puppet museum.

The next week from that I got sick. It's funny how much pills they made me eat. But maybe they worked because I was all okay the next day haha. And on Friday we had a relay race at school and I was able to run because of the pills haha. And oh yeah my class won!

That weeks saturday my host family went biking! I love biking here. In Finland I never bike but here I love it. After that we went to eat to a italian restaurant up at the mountain. On sunday I went to a wedding and after that we had a little adventure with Gillian and Nash haha.

We ate ramen!


Then last week happenend something that wasn't nice at all. Tore, the other exchange student in my Rotary club had to leave back to Alaska. It came very suddenly and nobody was excpecting it. But well we celebrated his last day at school by playing cards, eating pizza and spending time with his classmates. I have to say that the whole thing gave me very mixed feelings. Now I'm the only exchange student at my club. And we have a empty desk at our chinese classroom.


He left on thursday. We were supposed to go to the airport to see him but oh well not going to say more about that. So instead of that our teacher took us to Cihu, the place where Chiang Kai Shek is buried. There's a lot of statues of him.





And we saw the changing of the guards. AND omg in the ending part one of the guards hit his gun too hard to the ground and it broke! : D He looked so scared for the rest of it haha. Poor guy.


After that some of the teachers in our school took us with them to Hsinchu for lunch and to see Green grass lake or something like that. The food was expensive.


Guess what the black bread is made of? Octopus ink!


I'm still not used to seeing palm trees everywhere.


Theen saturday was our schools 27th birthday! 生日快樂明德! The way they celebrated it was something I would never be able to experience in Finland. Every class had their own area and they were allowed to sell anything they wanted. Like for example my class sold fried chicken and hot dogs(here they call it a hot dog but in Finland it would be called a sausage : D) and also our class had "Angry birds" game. There was icecream and limonade and waterballoons and different kind of games. And families and friends were allowed to come and see us.
 The day was hot as ... Seriously it's november and it was +34c! Haha.




My classmate. He is cuter than me right?


Fiuu this feels like a long post huh.
Yesterday (it's already 0:45) my host family took me to Yingge. We visited in a ceramics museum. And got to do our own ceramic pigs! Haha.



Yingge old street!

Wohoo we tried pottery! It was kinda difficult with my nails haha.



My host mom bought me this flute! I'm so gonna learn how to play it well!

Today I'm probably going out with Gillian and her classmates(yes I know it's monday but I don't have school hahaa :P) but now I have to go to sleep!

ps. Some of the photos are stolen from facebook!

3 comments:

  1. Onks toi ocarina?? Se näyttää nimittäin ihan ocarinalta...
    Omgg ihan sikasiistiä! Määki haluan. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeaa olet oikeassa se on ocarina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ui ui ihana huilu <3
    (toivon, et voin kommentoida nyt...) mut joo, osaat tosi hyvin englantia muute :D mul on kauhee ongelma nyt englannin kanssa ku oon tääl Inarissa ja tääl ainooo iltaseura puhuu vaan englantia, joten...

    MONTA POSTIMERKKIÄ TARVITAA TAIWANII

    - YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, ANSKU

    ReplyDelete